I had a peaceful day today, which I think was all on account of inviting my Savior in. What did that look like? Asking in sincere prayer and supplication what would be most important today. I had my list of to-dos, but was willing to set that aside to see if something else came up. When I don't get hit alongside the head with a 2X4 to alter my course, I move forward assuming I'm going in the right direction.
My tankless water heater was first on the list. Even though flushing it did not go as planned -- I had to stop twice and troubleshoot a problem -- I worked in peace, without the usual frustration of "wasting time" when a problem happened or regret at not having enough time to do other things on MY list. I was peaceful about my food today, and able to complete my outside errands without getting unnecessary food. This was a big step. I also did some needed self-care that further helped me slow down and listen and ponder more. I listened to a podcast while fixing dinner, and it was another tender mercy set right in front of me when I needed it the most. It was about the Psalms, and one part of the conversation encapsulated and grounded everything my friend and I spoke about the night before.
If Christ is the true cornerstone of our lives, we don't try to 'fit Him in.' We fit everything else around Him.
If I act on what I believe, then He will take first priority in my life. Everything else will simply fit around Him, or simply go away. This will take practice, this will take time, but I'm willing. Today was filled with quiet assurance and peace -- a stark contrast to how living the opposite filled my soul with frenzy. Frenzy had me reaching for food to temporarily pacify. Peace and assurance didn't need to be pacified -- it was soul-filling, so the food-chatter never raised its head. This is what I want.

No comments:
Post a Comment